shell - When creating symbolic links on ubuntu I sometimes get an odd result -


i'm trying create bunch of symbolic links files in directory. seems like, when type command in shell manually, works fine, when run in shell script, or use arrow re-run it, following problem.

$ sudo ln -s /path/to/my/files/* /the/target/directory/ 

this should create bunch of sym links in /path/to/my/files , if type command in manuall, indeed does, however, when run command shell script, or use arrow re-run single symbolic link in /the/target/directory/ called * in link name '*' , have run

$ sudo rm *  

to delete it, seems insane me.

when run command in script, there files in /path/to/my/files? if not, default wildcard has nothing expand to, , not replaced. end literal "*". might want check out shopt -s nullglob , run ln command this:

shopt -s nullglob sudo ln -s -t /the/target/directory /path/to/my/files/*  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

javascript - how to protect a flash video from refresh? -

android - Associate same looper with different threads -

visual studio 2010 - Connect to informix database windows form application -